Once again, we start with a 5 out of 10:
- +1 Ride of the underdog Ferrari and Sauber (or more specifically, Alonso and Perez) suddenly taking centre-stage was a highlight.
- -1 Leaders dropping away Button dropping it, followed by Vettel turning into the cucumber and Hamilton having a general lack of pace contributed to a fairly small pack of potential winners at the front. The race would’ve been awesome if Button had come through to fight Vettel and Hamilton.
- +1 Rain! Everybody loves the rain! The hour delay wasn’t too great, but it was more than made up for in the thrilling racing.
- +1 He’s got them MOOOOVES like Jagger Some epic battles. Massa, Button, Ricciardo at the T1 complex was class.
- +1 MOOOOOOOOOVES like Ricciardo Dan tested the waters at T5 with an amazing pass. He backed it up exactly 1 lap later before some other drivers got word of the party going on. Was amazing to see some 2 wide action at a traditionally high-aero section.
- +.5 No aerobatics Basically everyone finished, with very little crashes. I did love Petrov’s attempt of launching into the stratosphere last season, but it was good to get everyone home, on the ground.
- +1 A fight to the end Nothing like a battle for the lead into the final 10 laps of the Grand Prix. Unfortunately Checo ditched it into the run-off, but you can’t take anything away from Alonso. Both drivers in inferior equipment, fighting on a slippery track after 3 hours of racing. Fantastic stuff!
If my maths is correct, Malaysia 2012 is rated a 9.5/10
But how did you rate the Malaysia Grand Prix? Let us know below in the comments!